So tonight I thought I would start a blog about my
adventures in board games, adventures that I take as a solo adventurer. I love
games. Games of all kinds whether it is card based, console based, or board
game based. It doesn't seem to matter because I can never get enough of any of them.
Sadly it’s hard sometimes to get people
together sitting around and play board games. Such a tragedy, people don’t know
what they are missing these days. My main
love, if you haven’t already noticed is board games especially anything RPG based. You
know, because that is just how I roll.
Quite a few
months back I gamed with a few friends playing D&D (Dungeons &
Dragons.). It was my first time ever playing, even though I have wanted to play
for longer then I can remember. It was a fantastic time but made me realize how much I miss board games!
I now own 2 of the D&D board games and was excited to see that they have solo adventures. Yes I
realize that this isn’t exactly the same as playing the original D&D but I
will take what I can get when I can get it.
I have been
meaning to play one of the solo adventures for a very long time and just a few
days ago I bought the D&D: Castle Ravenloft board game. (That now makes 2! D&D: Legend of Drizzt being the first). Tonight well
technically this morning I played the solo campaign. It was quite fun and I
managed to beat the first solo adventure pretty easily. I think I might have wanted a few more enemies to bash then I had. Over all the instructions were fairly clear on what to do to set up and play.
Lately I suppose I am getting bored with my mundane life.. and have to liven it up again. Going to and from work without a whole lot in between has kind of gotten me a bit batty! I haven't really been doing a whole lot... so maybe with this blog and the fact that I am now not worried what people might think of my solo gaming.. If it wasn't an option in the board games they would probably sit around collecting a lot of dust and cobwebs. At least this way they will be used more often and maybe I can from time to time entice my boyfriend to sit down and play a board game with me.
Well then I suppose that would not be a reason to blog about.. especially with the name of this particular blog. I suppose until next time I might have some better things to talk about.. being up until 4 in the am is probably not a good idea.. though of course I did have a really long nap this afternoon/evening.. So I am not really tired either...
I am itching to play the other 1 player scenario in Castle Ravenloft right now... Why not? I am up at the moment anyway! :D
Oh yeah and I am not endorsing any of these games. Just sharing a passion and a past time of mine. :)
Have a great day/ night! Whichever it happens to be when you happen upon this blog. Until next time! Happy gaming! :D
Have a great day/ night! Whichever it happens to be when you happen upon this blog. Until next time! Happy gaming! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment