Saturday, November 23, 2013

TODAY!!! YEAH!

On a very sad note to begin with I cannot believe that it has been more then a year since I last blogged on here about my solo adventures (and maybe not so solo adventures of gaming.). I'm not really sure if this is hitting the blogosphere and getting out there. Maybe I might seem a little strange playing games solo from time to time but then why would they put 1 player scenarios into a game anyway? Right?...Um.... Right? I guess I don't mind though, for I like to play them either way. I guess in a way this might be reviewing games and showing new games that maybe no one has ever played before or maybe even heard of? Anyhow on to the real good blog stuff!

I got a lot of gaming in today! I am so thrilled to report this! It is usually months between game days. I got to play Heroclix (I found out about a site where people make scenarios and someone made a sharknado scenario that has a multi-plater scenario and a solo scenario with tokens for both which I desperately need to find the cord for my printer so I can print it off/ possibly get a new one as I want 2, one for me and one for my boyfriend so he can have one in his computer room.) today as well as a new game I really enjoy Mice and Mystics (It's a very fun game to play with friends and I just found out I can also play it solo as well which I will one of these days and blog about it! You get to play as mice, well people turned into mice and all the bad guys turned into Rats as well as other things.) with some friends today.

I also got in a solo game which is what this blog is all about. I returned back to Dungeons and Dragons: Castle Ravenloft board game. This time though I chose a completely different character then Kat the Rogue from my first game, which I feel a little bad I didn't go into as much detail about it then I will be in this one. (Well I do believe it will be more detail but you can be the judge of that!)
So this time I played Alissa, the human ranger
Uh... Sorry it is sideways... I suppose you might be tilting your head to see what cards they are? ... I also wanted to show the cards that I played with. (I might say they weren't bad but I might try again with the ones that they recommend to play with next time if I ever play with her again to see if it is any easier or harder.)

The scenario I played was "Escape the Tomb". It is truly only a one player scenario. (I have yet to play the other scenario in the game that is solo play only but will eventually get to it.) You get kidnapped by Count Strahd Von Zarovich. This guy below (Insert arrow pointing down here).

 Basically you have to escape by finding the secret stairway. Which I did get to but you have to be there at the beginning of your hero phase. Which I never got to as I was only at half health of 2 and this happened to me. I got cornered on the stairwell by Count Strahd and these minions and they pretty much had me for supper.


Okay a little bit of explanation about the white arrows (and the black ones too that are not pictured here on the tiles.) When you first begin this scenario you have this dial which is on the page in the adventure book that goes up to 5. You have a sun token that is on it and every time one of these white arrows show up it goes to the next one, getting closer to the sun setting and Count Strahd awakening and coming after you!
The black arrows cause encounters to happen. It can be anything from spike traps to you name it, it might just be in there as I haven't gotten through all the encounters as of yet.
After Strahd awakens you no longer have to worry about the white arrows just the black ones.

And as every gameplay you draw dungeon tiles. One of the best things I find is that the dungeons are never the same. Below is the end map. As you can see I am swarmed and the rest of the dungeon is empty.
However I did take lots of beasts out in the process of dying! Though if only I could have rolled a 20 while attacking a beast to have leveled up, it may have been the difference between life and death quite possibly... only maybe though. I doubt with Count Strahd's stats that I would have survived too long anyhow once he caught up to me.

Still a very fun game. I wonder which of the other 3 characters I might try out next. Though I think before that I might try one of the solo scenarios in the Dungeons and Dragons: Legend of Drizzt board game before I do that. I've really been wanting to play as Drizzt himself! (I really loved reading the series of books! I really need to catch up as I am behind the times as there are quite a few books brought out since the last one that I read in the series. Better try to get on that sometime.)

Well I hope you have a fantastic night/day, whichever it is when you read this!

If you love to game and have never tried any of the solo games, maybe you might want to give it a shot to pass some alone time? Tell me what you think of it when you are done.

I hope to blog a lot more often then I did before. Well actually I would rather play more games if I could but when I do think of blogging I will try and make sure to come back more often.

On an end note (Especially since this blog began with a sad note!) Here is my cat Dimitra looking quite pissy/ but purring like crazy because she is in the lid of my board game! She wanted to play too but had to sit on the sidelines. Ah well!







No comments:

Post a Comment